Be sure to keep track of the dates and deadlines that affect you as a student. Most important University dates are divisional, that is, they are specific to your faculty, school, UTSC, UTM or a specific program of study. The official source for these dates is your division’s academic calendar.
Here are the different kinds of dates you should seek out from your division and carefully record. This is a starting point – not an exhaustive list.
Each faculty or school publishes a list of important academic dates. These include the first and last day of classes, examination periods and the deadlines for adding and dropping courses. Please note that course add/drop dates are not the same as the fee refund schedule for your division (see Financial Dates below).
Here are the links to the Sessional Dates:
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design
- Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Faculty of Music
- School of Graduate Studies
For all other divisions, check your academic calendar.
Deadlines for fee payment, fee refund schedules and other financial dates are posted on the Student Accounts website.
Each division publishes a refund schedule. This schedule outlines the dates by which you must drop a course in order to be refunded all or part of your fees. The refund dates are not the same as the academic add/drop dates (see Sessional Dates above).
Most exam timetables are published online. Here are links to some of the largest divisions’ examination timetables.
- For UTSC students
- For UTM students
- For Arts and Science Students
- For Engineering Students
- For Architecture, Landscape, and Design Students
- For Kinesiology & Physical Education Students
All other students should check with their faculty registrar for up to date information regarding exam schedules.
University Holiday Schedule
The University is closed on dates cited below. The libraries, athletic facilities and student centres may offer reduced hours. Check their respective websites for closure times.
July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
- Canada Day: Wednesday, July 1, 2015
- Civic Holiday: Monday, August 3, 2015
- Labour Day: Monday, September 7, 2015
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday, October 12, 2015
- Christmas / New Year: Wednesday, December 23, 2015 to Friday, January 1, 2016 inclusive
- Family Day: Monday, February 15, 2016
- Good Friday: Friday, March 25, 2016
- Victoria Day: Monday, May 23, 2016
July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Canada Day: Friday, July 1, 2016
- Civic Holiday: Monday, August 1, 2016
- Labour Day: Monday, September 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving Day: Monday, October 10, 2016
- Christmas / New Year: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 to Friday, December 30, 2016 inclusive
- Family Day: Monday, February 20, 2017
- Good Friday: Friday, April 14, 2017
- Victoria Day: Monday, May 22, 2017
The University arranges reasonable accommodation around the needs of students who observe religious holy days other than those already accommodated by ordinary scheduling and statutory holidays. The Office of the Vice-President and Provost publishes an annual schedule of Dates for Religious Observances.
When a closure due to inclement weather conditions occurs during normal office hours, notification of the decision will be recorded on the 416-978-SNOW (7669) line and on the U of T home page.
Students at UTSC can also call 416-287-7026 or check the UTSC home page.
Students at UTM can also call 905-569-4455 or check the UTM Snow Information site.
Be sure to sign up for UTAlert. Along with notifications of on-campus emergencies, you will receive any campus closure information through this service.